Green Party condemns attacks on civilians in Israel and Gaza and calls for immediate ceasefire.
The Green Party of the United States condemns the targeted attacks on civilians in the recent wave of violence in Gaza and Israel. We call for an immediate ceasefire, an immediate end to the invasion and occupation of Gaza, and a halt to all military and foreign aid to Israel. We urge our government to join with the U.N. to secure Israel’s complete withdrawal to the 1967 boundaries in compliance with international law.
Read full statement here.
The Coordinated Campaign Committee of the Green Party of the United States seeks a graphic designer to add some visually-appealing elements to its annual “Call For Candidates” web page.
The graphic designer will work with the web administrator of the Green Party of the United States and with the Coordinated Campaign Committee on the project. Project completion date November 5, 2023.
The brand guidelines of the Green Party of the United States must be adhered to:
Project budget: $300
The approved outline of the web page is as follows:
- CCC will produce a web page with the following website outline, in a visually appealing manner, for the Green Party US “Call for Candidates 2024” website page;
- “Run with the party that these candidates candidates chose to make a difference in 2024, The Green Party”: Presidential candidates vying for presidential nomination [approved by PCSC/candidates achieving provisional acceptance in 2023 and full acceptance in 2024/ and provide link to PCSC website]; Congressional Candidate; State Level Candidate; Local Candidate(s). [include some future candidates, very recent winning candidates, and non-winning candidates who demonstrated excellence and will run again] [photos and bios]
- Join the community of Green officeholders [who have made or are making a difference over the years. [long-tenured dedicated Green office holders] [several photos and bios]
- How to Run for Office …. [Tips for deciding which office to run for] [Link to state party websites election pages, when available]
- Link to Elections Database
- Link to the GPUS Candidates groups.io network home page
Interested applicants please send a bio and recent samples of graphic design work to CCC@GP.ORG by October 15, 2023.
Please direct questions to Scott Laugenour, Co-Chair Coordinated Campaign Committee at CCC@GP.ORG
Greens in Arizona are collecting signatures for 2024 ballot access and could use your help.
Please go to https://www.azgp.org/ballot_access for more information. THANK YOU.
The 2023 GPUS Annual National Meeting will be virtual from August 3 through August 6. Register here.
Here is the agenda.
Join the on-line fundraiser with comedian LEE CAMP on August 5, 7pm MDT. There is a special Meet & Greet at 6pm MDT. Get your tickets here
Please try to support this amazing event by downloading and distributing the flyer and attending on August 5, 2pm, Roosevelt Park, 500 Spruce Street SE in ABQ. Check out the web site at https://abqpeacefest.org for more information.
Please support the Tularosa Basin Downwinders Consortium at these events if you are in the area.
Las Curces, July 15th:
Santa Fe, July 16th.
The 2023 GPUS ANM is virtual from August 3 through August 6. Registration available here.
The next regular Green Council meeting is Saturday, July 8, 2023, 4:00 p. m. via freconferencecall.com. Contact us for call-in/log-in information.
Presentation by Dr. Bernadette Rodgers
Sunday, May 14, 2023, 6:00 p. m. MDT on Zoom
The climate crisis is a global emergency. Government action is beginning to turn things around, and yet the pace is still much too slow. Tonight Dr. Bernadette Rodgers will talk about the current state of the climate crisis, and what we can do. She’ll tell us about her own path to activism, the many ways to engage, what activists call the “Ladder of Engagement”, the rise of Scientist Rebellion (among others), and the surprising personal rewards of direct action. We are living in an all-hands-on-deck moment, so please join us on May 14th. Bernadette Rodgers is a PhD Astronomer who spent 12 years working at an International observatory in Chile before moving to Portland, Oregon and changing career paths to commit more time to climate activism. She currently teaches astronomy and natural science at Willamette University and Portland Community College, and volunteers with Scientist Rebellion and the Portland chapters of 350, Extinction Rebellion and Climate Reality, and serves on the board of the national youth organization SustainUS.
Meeting ID: 880 8334 2274
+1 669 900 9128 US